The historical research on Raleigh’s life and achievements underpins the R400 initiative. It provides a valuable opportunity to
- generate relevant, curriculum compliant, educational benefits both in the UK and US;
- generate further historical research on the UK and US heritage of Virginia and North Carolina;
- capture the interest and harness the enthusiasm of the next generations of UK and US entrepreneurs, wealth creators, explorers and future business leaders;
- link these ‘Raleighs of our age’ to the present-day equivalents of the institutions, businesses and networks that Raleigh would have known in his time – on both sides of the Atlantic;
- engage some of these institutions, businesses and networks as part of the historical research effort; and
- identify further research possibilities to inform R400 legacy initiatives.